Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quotes

I love quotes. Short ones, long ones, funny ones, silly ones, even ones that I don't understand. Someone somewhere has said something that someone else thought was good enough and important enough to write down so that still other people could learn from their words of wisdom.

If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. - Milton Bearle

For those who don't know who Milton is - which included myself - he was an American actor and comedian who passed away in 2002. But in all seriousness - what does it matter. When you can give one liner pearls of wisdom like the one above who you are and what you did really makes no difference whatsoever.

I've been doing a lot of searching recently trying to work out what I'm going to do after I actually finish uni... which I guess will be the end of this year but for those of you that know me well enough you'll know that's no real guarantee... The problem I'm facing is that nothing available in "the real world" measures up to what I'm doing right now. My job is fun. I actually want to go to work. I know a lot of people that definitely wouldn't say that and I like that I'm different, that I actually like getting out of bed in the morning. What's better is that I'm good at what I do - really good, and I don't mean that in a boasting way...

I guess the challenge now is to find somewhere that wants me full time, doing what I'm doing now. Hey ECU, anyone retiring? Or maybe, going back to Milton, I should start trying to convince someone (in particular) to retire, leaving me his job.... =P

Kazzi

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kazzi
    If you need a hand persuading someone you mentioned to leave and give you the job, just let me know

    CC

    ReplyDelete