Monday, August 29, 2011

Fairytales

Ever wondered where your happy ever after is? Maybe in the back room of some Hollywood studio somewhere? Or maybe thrown aside because the story wasn't good enough for whoever it is that decides those stories to tell as opposed to those that aren't...

I have.

I've asked where my fairytale happiness is and wondered why I can never find it when I think that I need it the most. Perhaps it's because they're all a lie.

It's hard. It's really hard to try and comfort people when life deals them crap. It sucks. And it's not fair. Why is it always the case that the best of people are the ones that always seem to have some of the worst crap to deal with? But perhaps worst of all, why is it ok for Hollywood, Disney and any other massive media producer to say that happy ever afters are the norm? What gives them the right to trick us into thinking that that's what is most likely to happen to us?

If only it was all straightforward all laid out before we start - a roadmap for life... Oh but wait - that would make it all easy..... Where's the fun in that!?!?!?

Kazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment